Be the Change

A while back I signed up for Change.org email list, which sends updates of petitions I might be interested in.  Of course, I am most drawn to those involving women's rights in one way or another.  So, a few months ago, I got an email about a petition started by three high school girls who wanted a woman to moderate a presidential electoral debate.  The last time this happened was twenty years ago!  200,000 signatures (including mine!) and countless meetings later...


"In an announcement Monday by the Commission on Presidential Debates, CNN chief political correspondent and anchor Candy Crowley was named as moderator of the second of the 2012 general election presidential debates. Her selection as moderator makes her the first woman in two decades to be chosen for this prestigious role.

Crowley will moderate the only town hall-style presidential debate between President Barack Obama and the presumptive Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney. The debate will take place on Tuesday, Oct. 16 on the campus of Hofstra University in Hempstead, NY.  The town hall debate will be the only format that allows undecided voters to ask questions of the candidates directly on foreign policy and domestic issues."

- CNN Press Room

I for one am so encouraged that just by taking 30 seconds out of my day to sign my name to something, I can actually help to make the changes I want to see!

Leave a Reply

Blogger templates

Proudly powered by Blogger
Theme: Esquire by Matthew Buchanan.
Converted by LiteThemes.com.