Freedom House


I recently attended a phenomenal conference on the movement to end human trafficking.  I walked out overwhelmed, but with the clear sense that I needed to do something.  That sense of something has turned into a volunteer opportunity through Freedom House, a shelter for trafficking victims in the bay area.  Throughout March, I'll be attending weekly trainings to be a shelter volunteer, and I truly could not be more excited.



"Our ultimate goal is to empower survivors, supporting them in their journey of moving out of their past trauma to a future of independence and self-sufficiency."

 I have no idea what to expect.  I doubt it will be easy - in fact I expect it to be challenging, since it will bring me face to face with a terribly brutal side of humanity, but I'd like to do what I can to put a little more love in the world.  Obviously this volunteer position asks for a high level of confidentiality, but I hope to share what I learn about anti-trafficking action and efforts.

Leave a Reply

Blogger templates

Proudly powered by Blogger
Theme: Esquire by Matthew Buchanan.
Converted by LiteThemes.com.